Saturday, December 14, 2013

Acting

Today I was thinking about how good it is to move. 

I mean, physically move. 

I spend a lot of time in my head. (Surprise?) I've learned how to channel that, so it isn't just useless thought - it's generally good, balanced, "What is going on here?" thought, or "Are you acknowledging this thing in your life?" thought. Then again, I also spend a ton of time in my own dream world imagining ridiculousness. It's hard for me to balance - honestly, I don't mind that this is an issue for me. It's entertaining.

But the last few weeks have been very action packed. Well, actually the last few months have been, but in the past 14 days I have had one spontaneous move after another. New office. New work to do. New opportunities. Sudden solo gigs I didn't feel quuuite  ready for (and that was an adventure I needed to shake me out of perfectionism, if there ever was one). Now we're onto planning for 2014. Today there are auditions. Tomorrow there are concerts. I feel overwhelmed, but very pleased with it all, and somehow have still had time to catch up or reunite with the people I care so much about - even if the catch up time is on a small scale, or just a moment or two. I'm grateful for that.

It's good to be "acting," in life. It's good to have the movement, the need to GO, the excitement. But, I do look forward to a quieter pace sometime down the line, if that is in the cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment